Coming soon: Conran Estates

A rendering of Conran's new office, opening in May
Simon Hughes is the founder of Conran Estates, the estate agency opening shortly at 180 Brockley Road. Demonstrating admirably good humour after BCers had fun with his firm's video guide to the area, he writes:

"We're beginning fit out of our office in April, with a view to opening on May 9th. I know there are some agent-bashers out there, but I'd really like to recruit staff and suppliers from the SE4 areas, so I'm keen for people to get in touch if they would like to apply for a role or approach me to buy their goods. You can email me here."

For what it's worth, I bought my first house in Charlton via Conran and had a good experience with them. The other commercial occupants of the ground floor will be a new Sainsbury and a firm of architects.